And since 2006 is over you can have my answers to the 2006 meme thing now.
1. What did you do this year that you'd never done before?
Been to Africa.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
nope. i might repeat he same ones again and actually try to keep to them again
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
not that i know of.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
nope. although one of my grandfathers has lost his mind completely.
5. What countries did you visit?
France, South Africa
6. What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year?
7. What dates from this year will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
none really. memory like a goldfish me.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
getting a job quickly
9. What was your biggest failure?
not doing 2 of my resoloutions. in my defense one of them got sidetracked by moving to bermondsey.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
finally saw a doctor about a bowel problem ive been having. yet to find the cause. which reminds me i need to make an appointment to see the doctor
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
hmmm tough one. pass
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
not a lot really.
16. What song will always remind you of this year?
dont do music. although it might possibly be I wanna be sedated given the number of times i listened to it while dean was trying to beat it on expert mode in Guitar Hero
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
about the same
b) thinner or fatter?
about the same.
c) richer or poorer?
Richer. thanks to the redundancy pay off.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
procrastinating i suppose
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
well i spent it at my parents doing the same things we do every year.
22. Did you fall in love this year?
23. How many one-night stands?
none. that would involve going out.
24. What was your favourite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
alistair reynolds stuff has been pretty good.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
easy on guitar hero 2 is easy enough that i can consistenly finish songs
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
Enough money to retire and go and run a pub.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
ive not really seen that many. casino royale was pretty good. clerks 2 was damm funny
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
read books in a flat in cape town. 29.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept this year?
well, shorts, sandal and t-shirts. vibrant odd socks
now its shorts, sandals and shirts
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
nhs PFI and IT stuff.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
there were lots i dont really know. also the years all blend into one these days.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year.
dont make richard angry. you wont like him when hes angry.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
no fucking clue.